Thursday, August 11, 2011

Camping

Just got back from a 24 hour camping trip with the kids! Everyone thinks we're crazy, but it was a lot of fun. A lot of work, yes, but I wanted to do it because I knew how much Willow would love it, and it's something James & I enjoy but haven't done since before Willow was born. It was great to prove that we could do it. We were supposed to stay for 2 nights but my air mattress had a leak.... and with Toby sleeping on it with me it wasn't very safe.

I didn't get many photos of Willow being still. She just ran around
the camp site the entire time!


The provincial park wasn't that great. We picked it based on the weather- it was supposed to rain that night at the park we had originally chosen so we went west instead of east, where the storm had already passed.

Loving the tent.

Toby having a good nap.

Willow didn't stop running. Unless she was jumping in the tent. Toby loved the tent; he crawled around, bouncing on the mattresses like it was the greatest thing. He likes being outside but didn't want to be put down. I don't know if it's the separation anxiety, or just being in a new place or what it was. They both slept alright. As good as at home, Willow up twice and Toby up 3 or 4 times.

Toby and Dad chilling by the fire.

Once again, no photos of me. I guess thats what I get for being the photographer!

1 comment:

  1. You are brave! We were huge campers before kids. Now I'm scared...but you've inspired me. Maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete