Monday, May 16, 2011

Déjà Vu

If my life was a movie right now it would be titled "Teething Nightmare, Part 2: Toby's Turn". Willow had a really hard time with teeth; they took forever to come through, once they did they grew so slowly that the gums grew back over.... it was a slow, painful process. Toby has been teething for 2-3 months now. I can feel the tooth but it's not through yet. The last few nights have been especially difficult- for both of us. He's waking hourly and not falling back to sleep easily. I complain about sleep alot (c'mon, I haven't had more than 3 or 4 hours in a row for more than 2 years!) but this is ridiculous. When the sleep bank is already so overdrawn, a few 2 hour nights in a row feels like death. Ugh.

I'm waiting for Willow's 2 year molars now. They are due. Teeth could be the reason her temperatures been up lately. Maybe even the whining that I attribute to the "terrible two's". Her eye teeth took 6 months to make their appearance, finishing up just before her 2nd birthday. I'm looking forward to the days when all the teeth are in and we have one less thing to interrupt our sleep. Though I'll miss the toothless grins. Here is toothless Willow, about 7 months old.


No comments:

Post a Comment