Sunday, May 22, 2011

Birthdays

Today is my 29th birthday. Since my kids were born I think of my own birthday a lot differently. It used to be "my" day, a day for me to be selfish. Now I think more about my own mom, and her giving-birth day. May 22nd was the first day of my life, but also the day she brought life to this world. It's gotta be just as important to her.



My kids birthdays are like that for me. I'd even say their birth dates are more important to me than my own. They are days that I think of often and will never forget. The day of my birth.... I don't remember so much. And now that I'm a mom, it's just another day. Though it certainly warmed my heart when Willow said "Happy Birfday Mom" this morning. Even if she did follow it by asking for cake. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment