Monday, September 26, 2011

Beach Clean-up

Sunday we participated in The Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup. It was a gorgeous, sunny autumn day. We live very close to the beach. It amazes me how much litter there was, even though it is cleaned regularly by municipal staff. Thousands and thousands of cigarette butts were picked out of the sand that children play in every day. Amazing.

I like to participate in things like this, and now that I have kids I think it's even more important. I want to set an example for them, show them what action looks like, and help them to know the impacts of thoughtlessness. We can't go on wasting, polluting, avoiding the consequences of our actions any longer. It's our kids future that we are changing; they are the ones that will live with the results of how we live today.

I hope I can instill in them a love for nature, people and our planet.



No comments:

Post a Comment