Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Teeth!

Toby has 4 teeth. All in four weeks. A much easier teether than Willow, thank goodness! First one came just a week shy of his seven month birthday. Number two came two weeks later and the next two within the following two weeks. Whew.


Other news:
Willow has two 2-year molars coming through too. We've got a happy house right now!

Toby is pulling himself up. He uses toys, the couch, me. Still not crawling, but he gets around pretty good by pushing himself backwards, or doing a little sit-belly flop-sit-belly flop routine. I can't believe how fast he gets around a room!


Willow no longer says "I", instead it's "My". I have a hard time explaining to her how to use pronouns properly, so I just try to speak correctly myself. She'll get it eventually.

Toby has been sleeping through the night since he got over his last cold (about 3 weeks). Naps are going well too, 2 hours in the morning, 1 hour in the afternoon. About 10 hours at night. He's been getting so much sleep he was up until 11pm a couple of days last week. This is quite a shock to my system - so much that I'm having a hard time falling asleep. I still get up with Willow once or twice, and I'm having a really hard time. I think I need to write an entire post about sleep deprivation - that to come.

Potty training has been pretty much smooth sailing since day 2.... and finally Willow is starting to get up from bed to pee. It happens within the hour of going to bed and is a huge pain to take her diaper off, but I'll encourage it. She's in a diaper just for naps (wakes up dry about 1/2 the time) and at night. I can't wait until she's diaper free!

We've had some nice hot summer weather here and have been taking advantage of the deck. We spend alot of time out there, blowing bubbles, in the pool, enjoying meals and playing with 'bouncy bouncy' balls. Willow likes to spray my herb garden and potted plants with the spray bottle. Keeps her busy.


No comments:

Post a Comment